Epic content can make a huge difference to your content marketing efforts because it inspires people, makes them think, and is often emotional.
This type of content has the possibility to go viral and can move your business to the next level. Epic content is longer, more in-depth, and provides a high level of value to your audience.
Let’s Look at What Epic Content is:
- It Makes People Think – You can tell a story to guide your audience and evoke their emotions.
- It Inspires Them – The content is inspirational and makes the reader want to act.
- It Changes Their Lives – Simply reading the content makes the reader feel as if they’ve changed, or that they can change if they implement the suggestions.
- It Offers Amazing Value – The content is valuable whether they purchase something else or not.
- It’s Useful – Your readers feel that the content is so useful to them that they want to keep it, read it again and share it.
- It Tugs at Emotions – Truly epic content will pull the emotional strings of your readers.
- Has More Viral Potential – When people feel as if they’ve seen something life-changing, emotional, and useful they’re more likely to share it with others.
- It Goes Deep – Epic content can’t be written in 500 words usually. It’s much more in-depth than that.
Hopefully, just by reading that you can see why you’d want to create epic content.
With deep, evocative, highly useful content on your site, you’ll delight your audience and keep them coming back. And they’ll be more likely to share.
Writing Epic Content:
You may not be able to write epic content on every blog post, but you may be able to create blog posts that when combined are epic together. You could write an epic series that goes from A to Z, covering a topic in great depth and detail.
You don’t have to panic and start writing your epic content today. This is the type of content that you build up over time. It’s the type of content that will get big results from your audience and will help establish you as an expert in your niche.
Epic content can be turned into pillar content, or topic clusters that when put together create amazing cornerstone content for your niche.
Some types of epic content that you may already be familiar with include:
- How to Content – Show your audience “how to” do anything and you can create amazing, epic content that is highly useful. You might call this a “blueprint” or something besides “how to” content.
- Definition Content – Many visitors may be new to your website. Create definition and explanatory content that explains all the terms, stats, and information that you have about your niche.
- Point of View Content – This is also called a thesis or argument content. Provide a unique point of view on your niche that other people haven’t thought about and you could get a lot of attention.
- Resource Content – Everyone loves content from experts where they share all the resources that they use. This content may come in the form of a whitepaper, a report, or book, and can be digital or printed.
- List Content – The internet loves lists. You can create a list of 365 (your niche) for your website and it will be amazingly popular. This type of content can appear on your website, in a PDF, or in individual emails.
Creating epic content can also be a lot of fun. You can really dive into your favourite subject without worrying about the content being too long.
And if you struggle to write long content, you can make it easy on yourself by writing a series of shorter posts and then combining them together as epic content when you’re done.
If you’re not familiar with cornerstone content, take a look at Yoast’s excellent article explaining what it is and how to make the most of it on your site.
Next, choose your main keywords and decide what the cornerstone content topic should be for your site and why. Then add that to your content marketing plan and work out how you’re going to create your own cornerstone, epic content.
Need more help with finishing off your content marketing plan? I’ve put together a packed 30-page Content Marketing and Promotion Planner to walk you through the whole process.
And the planner comes with a target market worksheet, content inventory checklist, your content marketing planner, tracking report, and more!I want my Planner!
Click the button above, or click here and you can get the planner for only $17!
Don’t forget to drop me a comment below if you need any help!
That’s it for Day 13, and next, we’re getting into how to come up with great content ideas!
Don’t want to wait? Prefer to get all of the 30-Day Content Marketing Challenge posts in one place, so you can work through at your own pace? Here’s a link to all of the challenge lessons: https://creativeblueberry.com/30-day-content-marketing-challenge-catch-up/
Want to get on my list so you don’t miss any more great challenges like this one, and other content writing help? Sign up below for my Unstuffy Content Marketing Tips newsletter. I’ll also send you a free copy of my book, 3X Your Traffic and Turn Complete Strangers into Warm Leads.
Yes, I want to get on the list for content writing info, along with important updates, tips & tricks, and special offers. Sign me up!